internetworkers - interesting digital divide forum

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: interesting digital divide forum
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:16:51 -0400

on NBC 17 at noon. I think it's called "Black America today-The n
Millennium". It's only a half hour show.

Yeah, I'm starting this topic again cause I'm getting pissed looking at
these bureaucrats and academicians. But it's starting to make me think...

I don't know how many non-whites are on this list. Steve S. and Todd W. the
only black males that I have seen here (If it weren't for Todd, I wouldn't
have ever come to a meeting). What does that say about us triangle internet
folk?

I am concerned that there isn't enough ethnic diversity here. Is that
important? I think so. At what level do African-Americans have to conform
to get the ball rolling? Is it the responsibility of the group to actively
recruit everyone, especially minorities?

Please let me know what you think about the race issue and what we should do
about it.

Zima