internetworkers - Re: moral dilemma

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: moral dilemma
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:11:18 -0400

I am missing the moral dilemma here... Are these people some type of
low level life form? If the problem is one of dislike of their business,
perhaps you need to look at your balance sheet first, then decide. I'm
not sure what I would do. One option is to hand off questionable moral
areas to a friend who has less moral issues.

It seems to me a moral dilemma would be working for businesses like
pornography, KKK, etc. If your moral issues eliminate the building
industry, would it also eliminate other questionable areas like
political parties, HMOs, tobacco companies, religious organizations,
poluters, distillers, etc.? I'm not sure where the line is drawn.
(Though I probably know some I would avoid...)

Roger (just wondering in RTP)