internetworkers - Re: Chuck E. Cheese's & other venues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steve Burnett <sburnett AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chuck E. Cheese's & other venues
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:48:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, alex verhoeven wrote:

> That actually sounds pretty good...I've heard great things about 905.
> Other places in Durham to consider are:
>
> -The Kelt on 9th st.
> I understand they recently expanded and are now more spacious, although
> we'd need to check

They're fairly big, since they're now the Biddy Early's next door. There's
nowhere for that many of us except the back patio, and the service has
been sloow every time (4) I've been there.

> -Tobacco Roadhouse
> that freakin' huge joint across from Brightleaf; they have some space!
> see: http://triangle.citysearch.com/E/V/RDUNC/2001/06/19/5.html
> Used to be a fine brewery, so maybe one can still acquire a tasty
> beverage or two.

Yep, still used as a meeting place by a homebrewers' group here in the
Triangle. Nice big place, a good choice. However, 905 Brightleaf sounds
really attractive from Thomas's earlier writeup, so I'm willing to try
905 - if it bombs, Tobacco Roadhouse is less than 2 blocks :).

> although, all told, chuck-e's sounds like a very fitting venue as well.
> I don't know what their liquor license looks like, but maybe we could
> just brownbag it ;^)

IF Chuck E. Cheese's THEN !sburnett.

regards,
Steve Burnett
Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett AT webslingerz.com
http://www.webslingerz.com/sburnett