internetworkers - Re: Apres Greenshields

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Apres Greenshields
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:09:18 -0400

Well, I, counted 23 folks at Greenshields, give or take. It was a
most
enjoyable evening, including the excursion to look at the Exploris
wall.

One topic of conversation which I would like to continue is that of
future venues for these events. We have typically had upwards of 45
people come to InterNetWorkers at Tyler's in Carrboro. There's a fair
amount of sentiment to meet occasionally in Raleigh, but on the
occasions we've done so (both times at Greenshields) the turn out is
rather lower. Despite the apparently significant representation of
Raleigh people on the list.

Some folks were overheard to say that other places in Raleigh, perhaps
outside of the beltline, might be more convenient. From this corner of
the Triangle (Chapel Hill) I cringe at the thought of North Raleigh
being *more convenient*. Can it be so?

So I'm wondering what might be some other good places for
InterNetWorkers to gather, in Raleigh and other parts. Is there a happy
midway point near RTP? What are some better spots in Raleigh? I have a
few ideas, but I'll wait and see what other sentiments are out there.

Tom