internetworkers - [internetworkers] Civil Defense

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: joey at metalab.unc.edu (Joey Carr)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Civil Defense
  • Date: Wed Feb 19 13:42:51 2003

The same organization that brought us bomb shelters and "duck and cover"
at the beginning of the Cold War is now really hyped to have something to
do again.

http://www.tacda.org/

If you want to have a nifty homeland defense advisory banner on your
web-page you can always get the latest defense condition here:

http://www.twotigersonline.com/HSAS/hsas468x60.gif

Check out the towtigersonline site too... it's lots of fun. The resource
page has banner adds for keychains and watches with built-in radiological
warning systems. Just what any patriotic American needs!

The really sad part is that as paranoid as these people are I'm probably
worse--I don't stay up nights wondering when the gamma rays will finally
do me in, I wonder when I'll be jailed as a homosexual dissident by the
Patriot III Act.

-Joey