ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] You now have access to your new ibiblio branded GMail accounts

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Ken Chestnutt <ken AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ibiblio webgroup discussion list <webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] You now have access to your new ibiblio branded GMail accounts
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:11:26 -0400

Hi Folks,
Hopefully you just received two emails from "create.user AT ibiblio.org.test-google-a.com".

The first one is you ibiblio branded Gmail account information and the next one is the password associated with that account.  Yes, the domain it comes from looks odd.  I assure you this is a legitament domain.  Until we repoint the MX record we have to play games with DNS to test and make everything work.  This is one of those games.

If you didn't receive two emails, check your spam folder.  If you still don't see it, open a ticket and we will resend it.

You are free to log in and use your account.  The only thing that won't work exactly like it will work after the change is your email address.

Speaking of changing the MX record, which is another way of saying "when we will switch to using Gmail", this will happen Tuesday, March 31 at 8:00 am EDT.

Let me assure you NO MAIL WILL BE LOST OR DELETED.  It will be either on our servers or on Googles servers.

ken

--
ken chestnutt
linux administrator

http://shinydistraction.com
I blog so you don't have to.

  • [ibiblio-announce] You now have access to your new ibiblio branded GMail accounts, Ken Chestnutt, 03/25/2009