ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio network outage, Jan 10th 2008 @ 8:00 a.m. EST

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio network outage, Jan 10th 2008 @ 8:00 a.m. EST
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:09:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

The primary switch in our racks has been showing symptoms of hardware failure in its logs (and via December 22nd's network outage). We have replacement hardware from the vendor, and our network providers plan to drop it into place tomorrow morning around 8:00 a.m. EST.

This will cause a drop in *all* connectivity - mail, login, web, bittorrent, etc., but we hope the outage will last no more than 15 minutes or so. Please accept our apologies for the outage, and thank you for your patience!

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio network outage, Jan 10th 2008 @ 8:00 a.m. EST, Don Sizemore, 01/09/2008