ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] change backed out: SpamAssassin on lists.ibiblio.org

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] change backed out: SpamAssassin on lists.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:56:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we're backing out spam filtering for lists.ibiblio.org temporarily. The volume of junk we were receiving turns out to be significantly higher than we anticipated, and the filter as deployed was overwhelming our system resources. We're backing out the change for the weekend, and will revisit spam filtering next week using a different configuration.

We thank you for your patience, and are sorry this didn't work out up front. Oh, and when you read this, that means our list server will be nearly finished processing its backlog :)

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] change backed out: SpamAssassin on lists.ibiblio.org, Don Sizemore, 01/04/2008