ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] reminder: ibiblio e-mail and login outage, Saturday December 1st

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] reminder: ibiblio e-mail and login outage, Saturday December 1st
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:09:18 -0500 (EST)

A contributor writes:

|Could you maybe send a followup ibiblio-announce email clarifying what
|will happen during the outage period to emails sent to ibiblio and
|virtual host email addresses? (e.g. stored on mailserver? what about
|email forwarders?)

Certainly -- during this Saturday's maintenance, "most" mail servers
will attempt to deliver mail, not be able to connect, and keep trying
every four hours for a period of five days.

I use quotations because the retry delay and final expiration values may
have been changed on any given mail server. However, at an overview
level, there will be no mail delivery during our maintenance, and our mail
server will begin receiving and delivering backlogged mail as soon as we
have things up and running again.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f