ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] IMPORTANT: hardware failure on db1.ibiblio.org

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Jonathan Mills <jonmills AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] IMPORTANT: hardware failure on db1.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:35:44 -0500

ibiblio's primary database server, db1.ibiblio.org, has experienced a total failure of its RAID card, and is down until the part can be replaced.  We are working with IBM as fast as we can to get this crucial machine back up and running.  At this time, we hope it will be back online by late morning tomorrow, *at the latest*.  But we are somewhat dependent upon the vendor, and shipping times, etc.  We will try to keep everyone appraised of the situation as events unfold.

We apologize for this inconvenience...
--
jonathan mills
<jonmills AT ibiblio.org>

  • [ibiblio-announce] IMPORTANT: hardware failure on db1.ibiblio.org, Jonathan Mills, 02/26/2007