ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Database upgrade

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Ken Chestnutt <ken AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce <ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Database upgrade
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:47:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks,
We have been experiencing problems with the current version of MySQL on our new servers. We have a band-aid in place, but that will not work for the long run.

We are currently running on MySQL version 4.0 which is no longer supported by MySQL. To that point, we will be upgrading to MySQL 4.1 Monday night at 9:00.

We hope this will fix the problem, but if it doesn't, we can hopefully eliminate MySQL as the problem and look elsewhere.

As usual, we will make a full backup before we do anything so your data will be safe and sound.

There are a few minor differences between MySQL 4.0 and 4.1 but they should be transparent to you. While any upgrade carries with it the danger of spoiling working code, upgrades must take place for bug and security fixes. We will work with everyone on a case by case basis to fix any problems you may have after the upgrade.

thanks

ken

Ken Chestnutt
ibiblio.org

--
You know it's going to be a long night when you wheel the cart load of
servers down to the

  • [ibiblio-announce] Database upgrade, Ken Chestnutt, 11/17/2006