homestead - [Homestead] It is geat to be back!

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT hughes.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] It is geat to be back!
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:18:55 -0400

Hello to all,
Now have satellite high speed internet. It is so nice to be back in the
group.
Just finished reading September and October's emails.

Very interesting about the funeral ideas. At 75 it seems that I had best get
some plans made. Years ago I purchased a book called Caring for the Dead
Must get that out and see what is legal in the state of TN. My desire is to
be buried on the land I love in a pine box, if that is all the available
money can do. Second idea would be cremation and have my ashes spread on my
hillside. That might be too expensive, so time to get the book back out. It
certainly would not be fair to leave the final plans to my only child or my
only sister!!

Hope everyone had a great garden this year, mine did not fair to well with
the HOT summer and black container plantings. All my established perennials
did great though! My flocks are still blooming. The deer ate all 40 of my
hostas on the back hillside, big bummer.

Sure am enjoying our beautiful fall weather and the colors are going to be at
their peak in another week or so.
Jeanne
Tnhillwoman
Zone 6 NE TN
Peace doesn't require two people; it requires
only one. It has to be you. The problem
begins and ends there.