homestead - Re: [Homestead] Codex sneaking by..

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Codex sneaking by..
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:17:31 -0700

I was a believer too until we lost an aquarium full of fish to a sponge. I mean, "back in the day" it wasn't any problem to scrub down the walls of an aquarium with a sponge. Now it is. According to Snopes, at least at that time, don't know if they've changed it, they said that it was an urban legend that sponges kill fish. Well, I called 3M and they said "yupe, we even have it on the label." I checked with them again not too long ago and it is still the same. "Do not use in an aquarium." Well, me thinks "I" don't want to use the sponges either if they are treated with something that will kill fish!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT gmail.com>

Yeah, that snopes link was in the comments..
I used to rely heavily on snopes, but I have come to believe that they, too, have an agenda...but anyway, I totally agree with you about the FDA.
True or not, it is another wake up call for us to learn about herbal meds while we still have the resources to do so.
As usual legislation is passed to be vague enough to incorporate anything the government wants it to include, or not include as the case may be. How have you been Sage? Is your well still 'wet'? Did those seeds I sent do anything for you?