homestead - Re: [Homestead] Codex sneaking by..

  • From: Sage Austin <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Codex sneaking by..
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:36:23 -0500

I have not yet read your link to see what it says, but will when I get a chance. Has this been reported in the news?
Quickly I checked it out on snopes.com which gives it a "mixed" true/false report.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/vitamins.asp

It seems aimed at dietary supplements which contain stimulants, not vitamins and minerals. But I have always believed the FDA, under all political regimes works to protect the pharmaceutical interests, not necessarily the people. And that it passes a lot of pharmaceuticals that shouldn't be on the market.