homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bet You Didn't Know

  • From: dsanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bet You Didn't Know
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 02:07:06 EST

The very fact that the mayan calendar ends on a solstice day is why I don't
buy into the whole
"this is the end of days" theory. If a mayan were to sit down and merely
work forward creating
the calendar for years to come, logically they would eventually have to
stop and the last day would
be a solstice , ending the period. Now if the Mayan calendar ended on
November 8 or another random
date NOT important to calendar makers I would lend more credence to the
theory. I would be willing
to bet that if we go to any calendar maker in America and pull up their
projected calendars going forward,
their day of their last year listed would be December 31st, the end of a
normal calendar in our society.
If you asked me what the last day was on ANY mayan calendar, I would guess
it would be a solstice day
because it is the cornerstone of their calendar.

Drew

In a message dated 12/30/2009 1:58:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,