homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bet You Didn't Know

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bet You Didn't Know
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:04:50 -0800 (PST)

http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/news-ben-stein-calls-ron-paul-antisemitic-on-larry-king-live-r-1262105392

Actually I think Ron Paul is on to something there.  A long long time ago, I
used to correspond with a very bright young man from that region.  The
sentiment back then was the same as Paul is expressing now, they are reacting
to being occupied by the US, and that if the US was occupied by foreigners we
would react in the same way.

There's no way any foreigner is going to solve the problems over there,
they've been fighting over that piece of desert for how many decades now?
All they do is turn around and attack anyone who tries to stick their nose in.

Post the specific reference on the Mayan calander, I'm not familiar with it.

that it is anti-semitic to want to withdraw troops from Afghanistan and
Iraq, did you?

Sometimes I really wonder if it wouldn't be a good thing if the folks who
don't understand the Mayan calendar were right about it.

O.K., rant over.  For those that want to know what I'm rambling on about,
check CNN's Larry King where he had Ron Paul and Ben Stein on.

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con.  A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them."  Dallas

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/cayadopi%40yahoo.com