homestead - Re: [Homestead] Computer Whiz Test <g>

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Computer Whiz Test <g>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:16:45 -0800 (PST)

IMO, Outlook Express is a scaled down version of the full program Outlook
which has more features.

Occassionally, I've noticed that a small pop-up window that will ask if you
want to use Outlook, or Outlook Express or other program as the default email
program.  Since the names resemble each other so closely you have to be
careful to choose the right one.

If you don't like either you can download a free email program, Thunderbird
by Mozilla (same company that made Firefox browser).

See if this is the problem:

Internet Explorer Window
TOOLS
> INTERNET OPTIONS
>> PROGRAMS (tab)

Check the E-mail default program setting..... If it is set to Microsofft
Office Outlook, use the drop down menu and switch it back to Express.