homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: dumb desert question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: dumb desert question
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:33:57 -0800

There are "now" earthworms in most areas of the country. The vast majority are not natives and most areas, particularly forests, didn't have earthworms before the European invasions.

That's what I thought. I was talking recently to someone who lived in
the deserts of New Mexico and she didn't seem to think there were worms
there. I thought/knew that worms were ubiquitous, so I assumed they
were deep...