homestead - Re: [Homestead] Useful homestead tool

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Useful homestead tool
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:05:53 -0500

On Jul 1, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Roy Morgan wrote:

I'd agree. I did not read what this stone is or what it's going to be
used for, but it sounds like a lovely mantle piece.

For now it deters armadillos from pushing under a fence into a garden.

I'd make very sure it was supported well, or don't let the baby sit on
the hearth.

Coincidentally, speaking of support, that three inches of rain we got Saturday finished the job on something at the top of the old stone chimney. My foggy memory says I put a piece of plywood on the flu hole, then a piece of metal, then some stones. Something changed during the storm. A stone came down that I would guess weighs about fifty pounds. Its corner went into the ground several inches. Glad people and dog were not there when it fell. If the gods were fair, an armadillo would have been right there at the moment of impact.