homestead - Re: [Homestead] Useful homestead tool

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Useful homestead tool
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:19:38 -0400

On Jul 1, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Gene GeRue wrote:
150 lbs/cu ft is a good rule of thumb for stone and concrete.
Limestone is
heavier though, at 171 lbs/cuft....
Just measured. It is nine by eighteen by fifty-four inches.

I make it at about 865 pounds.

I'd agree. I did not read what this stone is or what it's going to be used for, but it sounds like a lovely mantle piece.

I'd make very sure it was supported well, or don't let the baby sit on the hearth.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180