homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:06:43 -0800

At 2/27/2008, you wrote:
Yeah, I like the "egg-beater drills" and have several sizes including a
big one you can lean on, along with a couple push drills. But they are
used mostly for metal work. Braces are for wood and nothing cuts a
better hole through wood. I use mine for tapping trees.

I have several Yankee drills, they are the push type used for small holes or as a screwdriver. I also have a couple of braces and a breast drill. I have most of a post drill and recently was told where I can get another.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com