homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:05:01 -0800

At 2/27/2008, you wrote:
I lust for one of those
old sharpeners where you sit on a tiny seat and push foot pedals to
power the big stone wheel.

I have a wheel. A friend bought a home made powered wheel. It used an old washing machine as the base and turned the large diameter stone. He wanted the base and gave me the stone. I need to build an angle iron or wood base for it. While repairing a certain backhoe a few years ago we replaced some very worn swivel joints and I threw the old ones in my tool box. They will be used on the pedal linkage.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com