homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:56:15 -0500

Hiya Bev!
I grow a rare-ish swt tater, called 'Viola'. This year, in KY, we
had a late freeze or two - followed by our mutual endless drought. We
are about 16" below on rainfall - not so bad as our more southern pals.
All my underground goodies were smaller this year for the first time-
onions, garlics, leeks, taters and swt taters........i am calling it as
the year we went thru.
I expect things to size up again in a gentler season!
Take care, and dream onward of a wetter time for all ze growers!
Toni