homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sweet potatoes
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:31:34 EST

In a message dated 11/23/2007 6:21:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net writes:

> > If it was a Hybird variety that is what will happen. Only a heritage
> variety will continue going as it should.
> >
> > Bill
> >

> I don't buy hybrids...bad marketing perhaps?

Wouldn't make any difference, would it? Bev is propagating the sweet
potatoes asexally so whether they are hybrids (which is uncommong for sweet
potatoes)
or not would make no difference, you can propagate them by means of slips
indefinately and the genes are identical.

James </HTML>