homestead - Re: [Homestead] plant ID

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] plant ID
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:46:05 -0500

I have a white campion that puts off a sweet aroma but only at night! The moths love it. It is so cool to walk out there with the moonlight reflecting off the fuzzy silvery leaves with the moths feeding and breath that aroma. It's like a fantasy. Mine hasn't started to bloom yet, but it is in bud.

Wendy

I've Rose Campion growing and blooming all over the place right now. It
is incredibly lovely, and self-seeds wherever it is growing, without
being invasive or difficult to control. Whether that is Bev's foundling
plant, i sure recommend it for a cheery floral area.
Toni - so, so busy out planting the last month, no time for this good
list!