homestead - [Homestead] plant ID

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] plant ID
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 18:37:36 -0400

Plant identification..
Isn't there a website somewhere that allows you to put in various criteria about plants like number of lobes, color of flowers, bloom time, etc. that allows you to search to help identify something?
I'm pretty sure I have used this database before, but can't find the bookmark or remember the site.
Also, is there a website where you can look at photos and sort by flower color?
I was walking down the road today and saw a plant I've never seen before...The leaves are fuzzy, like mullein or lambs ears, but the flower is almost chickory like and hot pink in color. It was on the roadside, so it must be fairly common-I guess I have never noticed it before flying by at 35 mph..

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.