homestead - Re: [Homestead] I've seen it all now

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I've seen it all now
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:19:00 -0700

The only reason it rang a bell with me is that where we used to live was only a couple of blocks from the golf coarse and there was a picture of one that was for sale with that title on the bulletin board the little neighborhood market had.

Other than that, golf to me is about as interesting as watching paint dry <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

LOL....that's interesting. I've always called what you call a portable
cart a wheeled bag, like a 'wheeled suitcase'. In common speech around
here, a golf cart is motorized. I've never even heard anyone say
'portable cart' or 'portable golf cart' and in fact, I missed the word
portable when I read the post. Rereading it, you're right, I'm sure the
poster wants what you describe, not what I envisioned. However, just
out of curiosity, I googled "portable golf cart" and it pulled up stuff
for motorized golf carts. I got to thinking about it (motorized vs.
non-motorized carts)...around here, people don't even say shopping cart,
they call it a grocery buggy. Language differences are interesting. In
circumstances like this, it's really enlightening to see how
language-even one simple word-can change the whole meaning or thought.
Thanks... I've broadened my horizons tonight! :)