homestead - [Homestead] Rob's daughter

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Rob's daughter
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:35:05 -0700

Some of us on the homestead list have come to think of ourselves as family. We have shared deeply personal experiences as well as hopefully helpful homestead hints. Five of you have visited me at Heartwood and one of you came here to Phoenix. Rob, who homesteaded in Minnesota and is now in Washington, is one whom I have never met personally but have come to regard as a friend. So I felt honored when he sent me the following message. I asked permission to forward to you all. He acquiesced, so now he is sharing with you all:

"Hi Gene,
"I just wanted to let you know that my daughter Aurora (15 yo) is in the hospital with leukemia. Last Monday all of a sudden she couldn't walk & had trouble getting her breath, Tracy took her to the emergency room. On Tues they started her on chemotherapy & she is doing well.
"Today they are successfully treating this 80% of the time and she is doing really well.
"Needless to say this is a big stress on the whole family but we seem to be getting by.
"I can't think of a thing we need right now other than good thoughts and prayers.
Rob
"ps/ I HATE writing to people with bad news but for some reason I feel the need to talk about it."