homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed starting methods

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed starting methods
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:06:44 -0500

Onions are one of the few crops I have problems growing. When I start them from seed they grow to set size and remain. When I start with sets they remain the same. What do I have to do to grow a decent onion?

Carrots do very well in my garden, unless the slugs wipe them out. I just harvested the majority of a 4x6 foot patch on the 12th of January.

Lisa K. V. Perry wrote:

I've never grown onions nor cabbage. Some vegetables intimidate me--you can add carrots to the list of veggies I've never attempted.