homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed Saving

  • From: "Tracy" <tracy9j AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed Saving
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:14:50 -0600

Bill Wrote:

You probably should check out the Garden Seed Inventory.

I will. Actually, I just got the Seed Saver's Exchange Catalog today. They sure have a lot to offer.

P. S. -- For a real treat, check out Italian beet recipes online
(unknown in America) by typing "barbabietola" into a search engine and
hitting Translate. It's always a hoot to use the translator, and you
wouldn't believe the ways that Northern Italians put white beets to use
(but you can substitute red ones).

I tried it and it is a "hoot". Never thought about doing the translating thing. I love to try recipes from other parts of the world but it's tough to find recipes that haven't been "Americanized". I did buy a "street food" cookbook once and had some fun with that, but this is way more fun.

Thanks.

Tracy Julian
in North East-Central Minnesota