homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:21:10 -0800

Drew said: "we have millions of former military people walking the streets
today and HEAR (emphasis mine) very infrequently about one going over the
edge.

"She" responded that Drew needed to get out more. It is really, IMNSHO, a
shame that we don't take care of the folks that the military screwed up.
Yes, THE MILITARY screwed up! Lots and lots of the men who have gone to war
have come back screwed up. Everyone looks the other way and *pretends* they
don't exist. They end up on the streets or in prison because the military
turns their back on the damage they have done to them. Sure, they might
have been partially "broken" before they went into the military but far more
of them were destroyed by being in the military. Particularly those from
the Vietnam era who were kicked to the curb and told all their problems were
imaginary, in their minds, there before they went in. I disagree! AND, it
is time we started doing that whole partiot, honor the veteran thing when
they aren't in uniform anymore! End of rant!

Lynda