homestead - Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ...'political attack' on girlfriend
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:46:55 -0700

At 10/30/2004 09:01 PM, Drew wrote:

In a message dated 10/29/2004 5:04:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
becidawa AT hctc.com writes:

I BEG YOUR PARDON! Say what? I have violent tendencies because I served my
country?

Exactly my point. I don't think military training breeds violent tendencies
in people. Millions of former military men and women lead normal peaceful lives.

Drew

Drew you are both insulting and smug at the same time.

I handled a weapon during boot camp and never again during that 21 years.
Nope, there was another time. I had a chance to qualify with a 9mm some years later and took it. That took half a day and was fun.

People are people, going into the military does not change who you are. It will push some limits, and for some it puts them in a position they wish had never happened.
The last I heard only 10% of the military where in the combat end of things, the rest were in some type of support.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com