homestead - Re: [Homestead] mistake in Iraq was:Era of unease.

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] mistake in Iraq was:Era of unease.
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:47:25 -0700

At 10/1/2004, you wrote:

Don, when you are doing something that is failing, I'll bet you change your tactics, keep looking for the answer. To stay consistent with failure is insanity. Bush appears to simply be stubborn, unable to admit to mistakes. I think Kerry will make changes and if they don't work, he will make more changes. The militant Muslims will change tactics as required. We must do the same. Changing conditions require new tactics.

If it is failing it must be changed and to our eyes Iraq is failing. But I sometimes wonder if other people define failing as we do. From what I have heard of Kerry, he sounds like he will stay the course in Iraq. I admit that no matter what we do there it will cost lives and prestige but we have to do something. Maybe we should just pull out and let the place fall into chaos or maybe we should just let the dummy & co stay in office and reap the fall out? I do not know,

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com