homestead - Re: [Homestead] Era of unease.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Era of unease.
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:44:51 -0700

Provide citations of where he said he lied.

As to what happened in Vietnam, I knew dozens of guys that came back and
told the same stories about how their COs said to "kill ALL the little
yellow bastards and let God sort out who're the good guys and who're the bad
guys." I also know lots of folks in rehab/therapy who insist that the
atrocities didn't occur because that is the only way they can live with
themselves.

They took a bunch of kids, the majority of whom didn't want to be there to
begin with, gave them slim or no training and cut them loose in hell. They
brought them home and cut them loose and said "see yeah." Most of them had
been used as guinea pigs for vaccinations and tons of them came home with
psych problems and physical problems related to a miriad of crap the
government used over there the least of which is Agent Orange.

The drugs were free and provided by the government (forms of speed to keep
you awake on patrol). Raping the women was not considered a bad thing.
Some kids carried guns, so all kids became targets. Who's going to wait and
see if the next kid is carrying a gun once you've seen a buddy shot by a
kid?

It happened, it wasn't a lie and folks need to get over the need to deny it.

I'd suggest that you go see the new movie that has actual footage from
Kerry's swift boat and then come back and talk about reality.

Lynda