gmark - Re: [GMark] [Synoptic-L] parables in Mk. 3:23-27?

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Norman Goos" <normangoos AT comcast.net>
  • To: "'Kata Markon'" <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [GMark] [Synoptic-L] parables in Mk. 3:23-27?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 11:37:26 -0400

If one considers "satanas" a proper noun in the NT context, it does not need
the article for definiteness. The second item, however, could be using the
article to display its anaphoric character, in other words, a backward
reference. Both uses of the article are common in the NT per Robertson,
Wallace, et al.

Pastor Norman Goos
Christ's Wesleyan Church - Senior Pastor
The Kairos Institute (Trinidad) - President/Professor
577 E. Jimmie Leeds Road
Galloway, NJ 08205 USA
Study: 609-652-2238 (Voice mail here only)
Church: 609-965-5835
Cell: 609-513-1044