gmark - Re: [GMark] Grammar Enquiry

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: John Gale <johngale AT hotkey.net.au>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [GMark] Grammar Enquiry
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:19:31 +1000

Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you responding.

The translator is Ivan Panin (ex Harvard) "Numeric Greek New Testament" (1934)

I have undertaken a research project on his hypothesis. My enquiry relates to the fact that he consistently uses the form aleeis as against alieis for "fisher (s)". (not a typographical error)

My enquiry is therefore grammatical. Why would a competent scholar use this form?

The numeric values of the words (both form & lexical), naturally, are affected by replacing an iota with an epsilon.

Sincerely,

John Gale