freetds - Re: [freetds] UTF-8 issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Deepa Umesh <Deepa.Umesh AT aptean.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] UTF-8 issue
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 06:41:11 +0000

Hi ,

I am trying to rephrase my question with more clarity,

We are using UTF-8 as encoding in our product, which uses single byte of
character data,
But when we attempt to use non US ASCII UTF-8 charecters , we are having
encoding problems similar to the following,

Insert query : insert into altitem values ('あなたの犬を散歩したいと思います');

When I retrieved the data using ,
SQlExecDirect('Select * from altitem)
, I got an error similar to ,

SQLCODE: 0. SQL state: 42000. Native error: 2403.
[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Some character(s) could not be converted into client's
character set. Unconverted bytes were changed to question marks ('?')

How to deal with UTF-8 non US ASCII values in ODBC APIs , and how FreeTDS
supports the encoding ?'

Thanks in advance,
Deepa