freetds - [freetds] UTF-8 issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Deepa Umesh <Deepa.Umesh AT aptean.com>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] UTF-8 issue
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 06:14:31 +0000

Hi Guys,

While using FreeTDS I found there is an inconsistency in UTF-8 issue.

Request anyone in the mailchain to provide information on how UTF-8 encoding
is supported.

The following is the configuration we made in odbc.ini

[sqlprog1]
Driver=/usr/local/freetds-1.00.97/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Server=172.16.127.134
Database=sqlprog1_catdev19
Port=1433
TDS_Version=7.3
Client Charset = UTF-8.

My question is can we set Client Charset = UCS-2 ?
This message contains information that is confidential and/or may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution or copy of this message and/or its
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and
please see our Privacy Policy at http://www.aptean.com/privacy-statement