freetds - [freetds] missing divide by zero error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Adam Baratz <adam.baratz AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] missing divide by zero error
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:50:08 -0400

I'm running into an issue where a "SELECT 1/0" query returns a NULL result
instead of an error. I attached the relevant snippet from the TDSDUMP
output (the packet continues with some host information). The result is
coming back as TDS7_RESULT instead of ERROR, but part of it includes the
error message. I took a look at the appropriate spec[1], but I'm having
trouble understanding the format. Does anyone have thoughts on what's going
on? I'm using MSSQL with TDS 7.2.

Thanks,
Adam

---