freetds - Re: [freetds] How to connect Microsoft Sql server from R studio using freeTDS instead of RODBC package

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Igor Korot <ikorot01 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to connect Microsoft Sql server from R studio using freeTDS instead of RODBC package
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:51:06 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Manohar Reddy <manu.reddy52 AT gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My MS sql server and R environment running on my local machine and the
> respective port was opened, from this link (http://www.freetds.org/
> userguide/osissues.htm.) i didn't get much information ,can you please help
> out me is there any way that can i download it and configured it on
> widnows 8.

Frediano will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a
binary distribution file
you can just download and install.
You need to grab the source code, get either MSVC or MinGW compiler and
compile
the software yourself.

Then just place the resulting binary in the Windows folder somewhere
and create the
DSN.

Thank you.

P.S.: Of course if you get any issues don't hesitate to post again...