freetds - [freetds] How to subscribe Microsoft Sql server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Xiaobiao Yin <xiaobiaoyin AT outlook.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] How to subscribe Microsoft Sql server
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:15:42 +0000

Hi Experts

I am very new to FreeTDS and SQL server.

so far I can connect the MS SQL server 2005 from CentOS 7.2 using C
program.

My requirement is that if the SQL database changed (such as insert
,delete or update some items),

is there a way to know this change?

After looking through the APIs, I found there is no such APIs to
subscribe specified SQL database table.

Generally, I need to polling this specified table and see if the return
results is the same as the last query, but it

seems a little bit complex and no efficiency.

So my question is:

Is there an API to subscribe specified table in SQL server database.

Any comment and hint is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Eric