freetds - [freetds] 0.91 freebcp performance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ray Rankins" <rrankins AT gothamconsulting.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 0.91 freebcp performance
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 09:18:30 -0400

Just tested running a large bcp with 0.91 freebcp and the performance was
awful.
Took 1.5 hours to load 5 million rows (conversely, Sybase bcp loaded the same
file in 1.5 minutes).
Is there some setting that might be on during compile that would cause
freebcp to run slow.
I checked and double checked that the debug flags were not enabled (have made
that mistake before) and they were not.
Are there any compile time options that could slow down freebcp that I should
make sure are disabled when I compile it?

-Ray