freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib test t002 hanging when run against SQL Server 2008r2 SP2 ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib test t002 hanging when run against SQL Server 2008r2 SP2 ?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 15:45:12 -0300

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Looks like you reached the limit, see
>>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174/job/mrcry453g61o351d/messages
>>>
>>> However the test log show only 16 minutes... (well.. this would
>>> possible means that test really hung).
>>>

>> Exactly, the builds for free AppVeyor open source accounts have a max
>> TTL of 40min:
>>
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174
>>
>> after which I suspect the simply kill the corresponding VM. But the
>> process reaches the lockup point way earlier and the rest of the time
>> up to min 40 is spent in that frozen state.
>>
>> I've just restarted the build so I can measure it more precisely but
>> 16 mins sounds reasonable.
>>
>> update: Indeed, the execution reaches the problematic test on minute 14 or
>> 15.
>>
>> Wil try removing anyways and try to reproduce this here. Thanks!
>>

>> Regards,
>>

> Found !
>
> Was an assert macro with a side effect

This is great news! I had only managed to reproduce the issue locally
and was working on adding debugging prints.

Build is successful now:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/176/job/nteb3k4oow1vaihf

The Windows CI is proving useful iself after all ;-)

I'll reactivate linking in OpenSSL, try to complete a few items more
in my TODO list and submit the PR in the next days (unfotunately I
only can work on this on my free time).

Thank you very much Frediano.

Regards,

--