freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib test t002 hanging when run against SQL Server 2008r2 SP2 ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib test t002 hanging when run against SQL Server 2008r2 SP2 ?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:40:22 -0300

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like you reached the limit, see
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174/job/mrcry453g61o351d/messages
>
> However the test log show only 16 minutes... (well.. this would
> possible means that test really hung).

Exactly, the builds for free AppVeyor open source accounts have a max
TTL of 40min:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ramiro/freetds/build/174

after which I suspect the simply kill the corresponding VM. But the
process reaches the lockup point way earlier and the rest of the time
up to min 40 is spent in that frozen state.

I've just restarted the build so I can measure it more precisely but
16 mins sounds reasonable.

update: Indeed, the execution reaches the problematic test on minute 14 or 15.

Wil try removing anyways and try to reproduce this here. Thanks!

Regards,

--
Ramiro Morales
@ramiromorales