freetds - Re: [freetds] Fwd: FreeTDS on OSX 10.10 losing precision

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Alex Derbes <dervish AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fwd: FreeTDS on OSX 10.10 losing precision
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 09:56:57 +0000

> I have FreeTDS 0.91 installed on Mac OSX 10.10. When Querying a SQLServer
> 2012 database, columns defined with double precision numbers are truncated
> to single precision. I've checked the query with both sqsh and with the
> python pymssql driver and get the same result.
>
> Is it possible that I need to set something in my freetds.conf file to
> enable double precision math?
>
> Or is it possible that the column definition in the SQL Server database is
> being incorrectly marshaled to a single precision number?
>
> Thanks,
> --Alex Derbes
>
> The version of FreeTDS came from brew, here is the version information:
>
> freetds: stable 0.91, HEAD
>
> http://www.freetds.org/
>
> /usr/local/Cellar/freetds/0.91_2 (600 files, 10.0M) *
>
> Built from source
>
> From:
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/freetds.rb

I don't think FreeTDS will loose precision on protocol. Double
precision is very old and supported by all TDS versions.
What I think is that the conversion just format the string will less
precision than what you expect.
Some time ago there has been a patch on this direction. Can you try a
snapshot version? See http://www.freetds.org/software.html.

Frediano

  • Re: [freetds] Fwd: FreeTDS on OSX 10.10 losing precision, Frediano Ziglio, 02/15/2015