freetds - Re: [freetds] Update docs for encryption configuration

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Abramowitz <msabramo AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Update docs for encryption configuration
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:46:09 -0800

I'm guessing that you got an error because the branch was merged to master
and then deleted.

So the change in question was a documentation correction. Corrected a typo
related to the "encryption" setting. I think it would be nice to update this,
even though there has not been a released change, because the current docs
have a typo that tells the user to use a setting for encryption that doesn't
exist and then their connection is unencrypted and they may not realize it,
so it's a little dangerous for folks who are relying in security.

Not sure if it's practical to update that one aspect of the docs without
doing it whole-hog and pushing unreleased stuff. It's sort of a docs hotfix
if you will and maybe you don't want to get into the business of doing that.

-Marc
http://marc-abramowitz.com
Sent from my iPhone 4S