freetds - Re: [freetds] Update docs for encryption configuration

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Update docs for encryption configuration
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 10:12:56 -0500

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 20:28:26 +0000
Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's manual.
>
> James does these stuff.

Yes, it's done manually. The website is updated with the release.
That way people relying on the release can depend on a consistent
source for documentation, even if they don't have handy access to their
local version. We even keep the prior one
(http://www.freetds.org/82/userguide/).

The docs go with the software. The snapshot captures changes to the
docs along with changes to the software. Anyone using a nightly
snapshot is well advised to install the docs for that version somewhere
convenient.

--jkl