freetds - [freetds] Executing a huge sql script

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Kings-Lynne <Chris.Kings-Lynne AT navitas.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Executing a huge sql script
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 01:19:45 +0000

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to execute a huge sql script via tsql and although it can execute
from management studio, tsql just fails halfway though. There's no error,
nothing. It just finishes its 10th set of 1000 inserts (with GO between) and
simply chooses not to continue on with the next lot, in the same file.

Is this something worth looking into? I could replace all the literal
strings in my file with garbage for testing? The sql file is about 10MB or
so.

Chris