freetds - Re: [freetds] Fwd: [unixODBC-support] PHP PDO unixODBC FreeTDS SQL Server text column size

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fwd: [unixODBC-support] PHP PDO unixODBC FreeTDS SQL Server text column size
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:05:00 -0400

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:59:48 +1200
Jochen Daum <jd AT automatem.co.nz> wrote:

> > To determine if the FreeTDS ODBC driver is able to process your
> > query results, I recommend testing it with bsqlodbc. If that
> > works, you can have some confidence that the driver works as
> > expected. That is, as the authors intended.
>
> When I run this query through bsqlodbc
>
> select [Attachment].[attaContent] from [Attachment] where
> ([Attachment].[attaId] = 10239)
>
> I get bsqlodbc: error -2: SQLAllocHandle: invalid handle: failed

Well, we can file that under "doesn't work". Did you get no other
message before that one? Usually a TDS_DONE_ERROR from the server is
preceded by a message, and something like "invalid handle" would occur
later, after the program continues blithely on. That's "usually" as
in, I've never seen an exception.

> column_size = 2147483647 (2147483647 on server)

Does it help if you "set textsize 10000000" (10 million) first? The
constraint in your configuration file

> text size = 10971520

might not matter; you said its name is "/etc/freetds/freetds.ini" and
that would normally be /etc/freetds/freetds.conf.