freetds - Re: [freetds] Fwd: [unixODBC-support] PHP PDO unixODBC FreeTDS SQL Server text column size

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fwd: [unixODBC-support] PHP PDO unixODBC FreeTDS SQL Server text column size
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:21:35 -0400

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:28:31 +1200
Jochen Daum <jd AT automatem.co.nz> wrote:

> I am investigating an issue whereby an empty column is returned for a
> text field when using PHP PDO unixODBC FreeTDS SQL Server.

To determine if the FreeTDS ODBC driver is able to process your query
results, I recommend testing it with bsqlodbc. If that works, you can
have some confidence that the driver works as expected. That is, as
the authors intended.

To get better information in situ, TDSDUMP is your friend.

> I also seem to have no FreeTDS logging.

I assume you've read the UG on the question. Make sure TDSDUMP is set
before you start the process that uses ODBC. FreeTDS will honor
TDSDUMP, definitely.

HTH.